The stretch of beautiful weather continues, with temps in the upper 50s to 60s tonight and then reaching the mid 80s tomorrow. Mostly clear skies can be expected most of the day, with scattered clouds increasing in the afternoon. #iawx #ilwx #mowx
BREAKING: @NOAA's #GOES16🛰️ caught the black #SmokePlume from the chemical plant explosion and fire that rocked #Rockton, Illinois this morning. A one-mile radius has been evacuated around the fire. #chemtoolfire
Fairly nice mid-June weather is on tap thru the first half of the week. Changes will take place heading into late week with an increase in the warmth & humidity, which will be accompanied by chances for showers & storms. #iawx #ilwx #mowx
The first half of the work week is set up to be a beautiful one! Temperatures will stick in the mid-upper 80s and stay relatively dry. Mostly clear conditions are expected through this period. #iawx #ilwx #mowx
So, it's 230 PM, and it's almost 90F in most the area, but if you're outside, it probably doesn't feel that hot does it...
With winds of 5 to 10 mph, and very dry air (RH ~27%), we've got a Wind Chill of around 85 !
We forecast "Apparent Temp" year-round
High pressure will move across the region today bringing sunshine & low humidity. It will still be very warm as temps rise into the upper 80s to lower 90s. Then a cool front will slide through the area late tonight bringing somewhat lower temps in the mid to upper 80s for Monday.
Although it will be very warm again today, breezy north winds will usher in lowering humidity as the day progresses. There will be the chance for an isolated storm with gusty winds, hail & torrential downpours this afternoon mainly east of a line from Princeton IL to Macomb.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Burlington IA, West Burlington IA, Stronghurst IL until 3:15 PM CDT
Headsup Quad Cities! There's a small, but strong thunderstorm moving through the area. Expect torrential rain, frequent lightning, and gusty winds with it through 3 PM.
A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT SOUTH CENTRAL ROCK ISLAND AND SOUTH CENTRAL SCOTT COUNTIES UNTIL 300 PM CDT https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=202106111926-KDVN-WWUS83-SPSDVN
Heads up for the Burlington Iowa area. This is a rather intense storm, with small hail, gusty winds, and torrential rain.
A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT NORTHERN HANCOCK, SOUTHERN HENDERSON, SOUTHERN DES MOINES AND NORTHEASTERN LEE COUNTIES UNTIL 245 PM CDT https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=202106111918-KDVN-WWUS83-SPSDVN
- June 11, 2021 Isolated SevereSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-06-12
- May and Spring 2021 Climate SummariesSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-06-01
- 1991 to 2020 Climate NormalsSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-04-19
- Latest Monthly/Seasonal Climate OutlookSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-04-16
- Heavy Rain April 10-11, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-04-11
- Severe Storms April 7, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-04-08
- April 2021 Climate SummariesSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-04-01
- March 2021 Climate Summaries and April & Apr-Jun OutlooksSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-25
- Event Summary March 23Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-24
- Event Summary: March 15, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-15
- KDVN Radar Outage Beginning March 11Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-05
- Latest Spring Hazard OutlookSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-03
- February & Winter 2021 Climate Summaries and March & Spring 2021 OutlooksSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-03-01
- Event Summary: February 15thSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-02-16
- 2021 Spring Flood OutlookSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-02-11