NWS Quad CitiesFollow
Official Twitter account for the National Weather Service Quad Cities. Details: http://t.co/KKTK7cZlhK also Facebook http://t.co/e2A6j04ZNM
Temperatures near to slightly below freezing are expected tonight over portions of northern/eastern Iowa and northwest Illinois. Be sure to protect any sensitive vegetation from frost/freezing conditions. #iawx #ilwx #mowx
Did you see frost this morning ?
We can't see that on radar, so, if you did, please let us know. 😅
Near freezing temperatures tonight will bring areas of frost over portions of eastern Iowa and northwest Illinois early Saturday. Be sure to protect any sensitive vegetation.
Heavy rain and thunderstorms are forecast for Sunday. Areas near the border of Iowa and Missouri could see 2 to 4 inches of rain and severe thunderstorms, especially Sunday afternoon. Some flash flooding is possible.
Partial clearing, light winds, and a cool air mass will lead to areas of frost tonight as temperatures drop into the 30s. The most likely location for frost is across the northwest portion of the outlook area. #iawx #ilwx2
U.S. #WinterOutlook: NOAA’s @NWSCPC predicting drier, warmer conditions across Southern tier of U.S. & wetter, cooler conditions for parts of North.”
Read more at https://bit.ly/NOAAWinterOutlook #winter
We don't miss the snow, but FYI 😂
The winter outlook will be released later this morning.
We know, the waiting is excruciating. 🤓 Stay tuned.
Monitoring potential for freeze Fri night for areas north of Hwy 30, where temperatures are currently forecast to dip to or below 32°F! 🥶
For those curious, have included the average dates for the first fall freeze as well. A good indication to how above normal we've been...
Much cooler weather is in store for the area today through Friday. Cloudy skies and blustery winds will hold temperatures in the lower to mid 50s today. Clouds will begin to thin out tonight, allowing temperatures to fall into the 30s with patchy frost. #iawx #ilwx #mowx
- La Nina is Here!Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-10-14
- Event Summary: October 11, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-10-12
- September 2021 Review and Outlooks for October and Oct-DecSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-10-01
- NOAA Weather Radio in the Area Off the AirSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-09-19
- Latest Drought BriefingSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-09-10
- Event Summary: August 26thSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-27
- Event Summary: August 25, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-26
- Damaging Winds And Hail In Eastern Iowa and Northwest Illinois - August 24, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-25
- August & Summer Reviews - Outlook to September and FallSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-17
- Damaging Winds Across Eastern Iowa and Northwest Illinois: August 10, 2021 Event SummarySource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-11
- Event Summary: August 9, 2021Source: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-10
- NWS Quad Cities Event Summary Of The August 10, 2020 Midwest DerechoSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-09
- Remembering the August 10, 2020 Midwest DerechoSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-09
- Remembering the Aug 10th, 2020 Midwest DerechoSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-07
- Climate Review: July 2021 and Outlooks for August & Aug-OctSource: Quad Cities, IA/IL Published on 2021-08-01